CIDDL: One of 30 OSEP Funded Technical Assistance Centers
At the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) 2023 Annual Convention, Dr. Larry Wexler, the Director of Research to Practice of the Office of Special Education shared an overview of each of the OSEP-funded centers. CIDDL was one of the 30 centers he highlighted and we wanted to share the list with you!
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS) - Supports schools, districts, and states by implementing a multi-tiered approach for social, emotional, and behavioral supports.
- National Center for Pyramid Model Innovations (NCPMI) - Assists states and programs with implementing the Pyramid Model for Supporting Social Emotional Competence for use with infants and young children in early intervention and early education programs.
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA) - Supports the development of equitable, effective, and sustainable systems at the state and local levels for young children with disabilities and their families.
- National Center for Systemic Improvement (NCSI) - Supports State Education Agencies to use their general supervision and professional development systems in establishing and meeting high expectations for all students with disabilities.
- Lead for Literacy - Assists states and district leaders with implementing evidence-based literacy practices for students with or at risk for disabilities related to literacy.
- National Center on Improving Literacy - Supports the use of and access to evidence-based resources for screening, identifying, and teaching students with disabilities related to literacy.
- National Center on Deaf-Blindness - focuses on improving the quality of life and educational results for children who are deaf-blind and their families.
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) - instruction and assessment supports for the inclusion of students with disabilities, students who are English learners, and students who are English learners with disabilities
- National Center on Intensive Intervention (NCII) - Supporting educators, professional development providers, state and local leaders, faculty, and other stakeholders by using data-based individualization for implementing intensive interventions for students with severe and persistent learning and/or social, emotional, or behavioral needs.
- National Deaf Center on Postsecondary Outcomes (NDC) - Sharing strategies, networks, and interventions to improve continuing education and training for deaf people.
- National Center on Inclusion Towards Rightful Presence Center
- Progress Center - Supports local educators and leaders by providing information, resources, and support for the development and implementation of high-quality educational programming to ensure access to Free and Appropriate Public Education for students with disabilities.
- State Implementation and Scale-up of Evidence-based Practices (SISEP) Center - Supporting educators with strengthening equity in education systems to improve outcomes for children, families, and communities.
- Center for Parent Information and Resources - Provides Parent Centers with research-based information in family-friendly language for materials on key topics.
- Center for Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education (CADRE) - focuses on supporting administrators, educators, families, advocates, and attorneys with mediation, facilitation, and other collaborative processes as a means for resolving disagreements between families and schools.
- Bookshare - providing people with reading barriers such as cerebral palsy, blindness, and dyslexia access to books.
- Center for Inclusive Technology and Education Systems (CITES) - Empowers districts to create and sustain inclusive technology systems.
- Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform (CEEDAR) - Supports personnel preparation systems in preparing teachers and leaders to use evidence-based practices within multi-tiered systems of support.
- STEM Innovation for Inclusion in Early Education (STEMIE) - Increases STEM opportunities for young children with disabilities
- IRIS - Provides instructional support, resources, and services for the effective use of evidence-based practices and interventions.
- National Accessible Educational Materials (AEM) Center at CAST - Focuses on increasing the availability and use of accessible educational materials and technologies for individuals with disabilities.
- National Instructional Materials Access Center NIMAC - Provides a searchable online repository of accessible instructional materials for students in K-12.
- Described and Captioned Media Program (DCMP) - Provides a library of accessible educational videos with captioning, audio description, and ASL translation.
- Center for Innovation, Design, and Digital Learning (CIDDL) - Focuses on increasing faculty capacities to use technology and innovative solutions within their personnel preparation programs.
- The Center for IDEA Early Childhood Data System (DaSy) - Supports early intervention and early childhood special education state programs by building and using high-quality data systems.
- IDEA Data Center (IDC) - Helps states with building the capacity to collect, report, analyze, and use accurate data from IDEA Part B.
- Center for Integration of IDEA Data - Helps states with reporting high-quality IDEA Part B data.
- Center for IDEA Fiscal Reporting (CIFR) - Helps states with improving the collection, reporting, analysis, and use of fiscal data from IDEA Part B and Part C.
- The Rhonda Weiss Center for Accessible IDEA Data - Helps states meet the collection and reporting requirements of IDEA Part A and B.
Did You Know?
Were you familiar with all of these centers? Which centers are you most excited to explore? Join the conversation in our community!